Benefits Of Tomato For Your Face and Skin
When the question is about skincare, tomatoes are probably one of the most preferred natural remedies for clear, spotless skin. They already have a reputation of being loaded with amazing nutrients, and this is one of the biggest reasons that there are comprehensive health benefits of tomatoes, and making them a part of your everyday diet. In this blog read more about “Benefits Of Tomato For Your Face and Skin.”
Tomatoes are a little acidic in their nature and contain a high amount of Vitamin C and potassium, which have the ability to transform the dull skin to glowing bright skin with regular use. The presence of lycopene, an antioxidant in tomatoes, is reputed to rid the body of different viruses and bacteria.
The utilities just keep coming. Tomatoes are also known to treat issues like sun damage and ageing. In other words, they are total skin rejuvenators.
This amazing red ball also encompasses certain astringent properties that are integral in the reduction of extra sebum on the surface of our skin, reducing the chances of oil building upon the outer surface.
Apart from this, tomatoes are also laden with properties related to pore shrinking and are assistive in the tightening of the skin, which largely reduces the chances of acne or pimples.
What are the Different Advantages that a Tomato Has?
The first thought that comes to mind when you hear tomato, is a food. You can also include it in your skin care routine, it helps your skin in several ways. We have listed below some of the main aspects where tomato can help you:
- Evening Skin Tone
- Reducing Oil
Some of the Best Properties of Tomatoes Are
- They moisturize skin by fighting cellular free radicals, prevents occurrence of wrinkles or fine lines and gives you glowing skin
- Presence of Vitamin A and C makes this fruit best for preventing acne
- There are various studies which suggest that tomatoes have all the properties of sunscreen. The presence of antioxidant lycopene protects the skin from the strong and harsh effects of UV rays.
- Tomatoes also have vitamin C in them, which helps to reduce the damage of cells and give you a radiant and youthful skin.
- They also help in fighting cellular damage and locking the moisture in your skin. Best remedy to prevent fine line anti aging is the usage of tomatoes.
- Tomatoes have acid present in it, it’s also proven that the acidity present in tomatoes can help in reducing acne. Vitamin A and C are common antioxidants that help in reducing and preventing acne.
- It’s rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants among others that help a variety of skin issues. Consuming them regularly and applying them on skin directly has many advantages.
Here is a Look at the Broader Tomato Benefits On Skin, in a Little More Detail –
1. Lightening The Skin Tone
As mentioned, the presence of a large number of antioxidants and Vitamin C, making it the perfect ingredient to make the skin brighter and much more radiant because they act as a natural bleach agent.
If you apply tomato on your face, bringing a marked reduction in the dullness, dark spots and even pigmentation. This is one of the biggest tomato benefits for skin whitening.
2. Reduction in Pimple and Acne Occurrence
There are a lot of people who are always on the lookout for solutions that are natural and devoid of chemicals for taking care of their pimples and acne. If you are one of those people, tomatoes are very effective on face acne.
This is due to the slightly acidic nature of tomatoes, due to which their pulp is antifungal and antibacterial in nature. Because they also have Vitamins A and C, tomatoes can also be used effectively against pimples.
3. Oiliness Reduction
The acidic properties of tomatoes have a lot more in store. They are capable of restoring balance to the Ph levels of the skin. Balancing the Ph levels helps to fight excess oil production by our sebaceous glands. Long story short, tomatoes beautifully balance oil in the skin.
4. Blackheads Reducation
This is one of the biggest tomato juice benefits that you will come across. Applying a healthy dose of tomato juice on the face gets the skin rid of all excess oils and dirt, which have a notorious reputation of getting blackheads formed on the skin.
5. Tightens The Pores of Our Skin
When applied on the face, tomato juice acts as a natural astringent, closing out open pores of the skin and preventing the accumulation of oil and dirt. This is why applying tomato juice on the face daily is a stupendous option to reduce all open pores and provide you with a consistent skin tone.
6. Anti-Ageing Properties
Thanks to the high presence of antioxidants in tomatoes, they give a huge contribution to fade out wrinkles and fine lines, which translates into nothing but an incredible anti-aging effect.
7. A Comprehensively Supple Skin
Tomatoes stimulate elastin and collagen formation on the skin, which leads to increased elasticity and leaves the skin wrinkle-free.
8. Help in Detaining
Tomatoes are perfect to bring about a reduction in summer tanning. The vitamins present in tomatoes effectively provide soothing to the sunburnt skin, thus restoring the dead cells. Apart from this, they also lead the way for a speedy recovery in cases of inflammation or redness.
To sum it up, tomatoes have a number of positive effects on the skin. To further add to it, they are easily available and pretty inexpensive too. You should definitely use them frequently to get glowing, clear and spotless skin for yourself. A tomato facewash or tomato face pack can also work wonders on the skin.
Different Ways to Use Tomatoes For Your Skin
There are no as such proven benefits for topically applying tomato to your skin. You might have some advantages if you consume tomatoes. But if you are someone who wants to experiment with tomatoes and skin care. Here are a few ways in which you can do it.
Take some cotton juice and dip it into the juice. Rub it on your clean face, followed by this rinse your face with warm water. You can also grind the tomato into a grinder and make a pulp of it, then add a few drops of honey in it. Apply it on your skin and let it dry for some time. Rinse after 20 minutes.
You can also apply tomato juice on the areas where you have spots or hyperpigmentation. This will help you reduce the darkness on the face.
Mix tomato and yogurt and apply it on your face and rinse it with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
You can also eat tomatoes and add them in your food routine. This can also help you to get smooth and shinier skin.
Let’s Look at Some of the Quick Tomato Face Packs
1. Tomato And Banana Face Mask
Bananas help in reducing hyperpigmentation and dark spots. It also plays a major role in nourishing and moisturizing your skin.
- 1-2 Tablespoons of tomato pulp
- 2 Tablespoons of mashed banana
How To Apply?
- Take a bowl and mix the banana and tomato pulp.
- Cleanse your face and apply this mixture to your face.
- Allow the face mask to get dry and keep it on for 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- You can apply this face pack twice a week.
2. Tomato, Cucumber, And Oats Face Mask
Cucumbers are known for antioxidants which help you fight wrinkles and aging. As per the research oatmeal has skin inflammation, scaling, dryness, and itchiness properties.
- 1/2 cup of mashed tomato
- 1/4 cup of grated cucumber
How To Apply?
- Take a bowl and mix the tomato and grate the cucumber thoroughly.
- Apply this pack on the cleansed face, cleansing ensures your face has no dust particles.
- Allow the face pack to get dry for 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- You can apply the face pack.
3. Tomato and Sugar Face Pack
Sugar particles are the best ingredient available in the home for scrubbing. This face mask can help you in removing dead skin cells, dirt, and excess oil from your skin. This face mask can make your skin soft and glowing.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato juice
- Take a tablespoon of sugar and 3 tablespoons of tomato juice.
- Mix it to form a paste.
- Apply it on your face and allow it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Followed by this rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer.
- You can apply this face pack once every 3-4 days.
4. Tomato and Olive Face Mask
Olive oil is one of the best stress relievers and helps in repairing damaged cells. Tomato and olive oil face masks can help your skin rejuvenate and feel nourished.
- 1-2 tablespoon of tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil
- Take some olive oil and 1-2 spoonfuls of tomato juice thoroughly.
- Let this mixture dry on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- You can apply this face pack twice a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is application of tomatoes harmful for the skin?
It’s always advisable that you do a patch test before you apply anything on the face. Sometimes tomatoes that are high in astringent properties can cause rashes to the skin.
Q. Can I apply the tomato on the face and leave it overnight?
You can always leave tomato on the face overnight, but it’s always advisable that you do a patch test. This will help balance oil on your face.
Q. How long should I leave a tomato pack on my face?
You can leave the tomato pack for 15-20 minutes. Always apply it on a clean face post dust and cleansing of face. Regular use of tomato packs can help you lighten the skin tone.
Q. Can honey be added to the face pack?
Yes, you can add honey to the tomato pack. Honey acts as a cleanser to the face.
Looking Makeup Artist in –
Get in Touch with Our Makeup Artist for Below Queries
- What are the side effects of applying tomato on face?
- What are benefits of tomato on face?
- What are tomato juice benefits for skin?
- Can we rubbing tomato on face everyday?
- What are the uses of tomato for face?
- Six Pre-Bridal Tips To Get A Great And Glowing Skin
- Rose Water : Benefits And How To Use It
- Weight Lose Tips For Every Bridal Before Wedding
- Chic and Confident Makeup Looks for The Office
- Reasons Your Foundation Looks Cakey and How to Fix It?
- Is Natural Honey Good For Your Eyes?
- Honey for Hair – How to Use for Hair Growth?