How to use a Hair Straightener? The Right Way in 5 Easy Step
Straight hair is legit a beauty dream for girls. Some girls may carry curly hair, but straight hair suits almost everyone. A girl’s top priority is to achieve straight hair that is smooth and frizz-free. Straight hair is legit a beauty dream for girls. Some girls may carry curly hair, but straight hair suits almost everyone. A girl’s top priority is to achieve straight hair that is smooth and frizz-free.
Straight, smooth hair not only improves your appearance but also makes your day a whole lot better. It’s also easier to maintain for those with really frizzy hair.
And, while not everyone is born with naturally straight hair, we’ve compiled a list of 5 simple actions you can take at home to achieve smooth, straight hair.
You can maintain your hair straight all day and protect it from heat damage by utilising the proper straightening technique and applying the required hair products before and after straightening. Follow the instructions below to learn how to flat iron your hair effectively from beginning to end.
Is it Safe to Use Hair Straighteners on Your Hair?
If you’re curious if a straightener is healthy for your hair, the answer is a maybe. It depends upon your usage. Straighteners are great for styling your hair without going to the salon. It will leave your hair smooth, frizz-free, and detangled. Exposing your hair to heat daily might cause long-term damage. It is also not advisable to use a straightener daily. To protect your hair from the heat, use hair sprays, serums, and other heat-protecting treatments.
Here’s How to Use Hair Straightener?
Using a hair straightener at home is not rocket science. Here’s how you can use it:
- Use a nice conditioning shampoo to wash your hair. After washing your hair, use a heat protectant spray and blow-dry it. Use a smoothing and conditioning shampoo if you have frizzy hair. You should use volumizing products on thin hair.
- After washing your hair, towel dry and blow-dry it. When drying your hair, work from the tips to the roots. Detangle and comb your hair thoroughly. It is the initial stage in straightening your hair.
- The next step is to use a heat protection spray to prevent your hair from heat damage. Don’t apply serum to the roots. While getting your hair ready for straightening, separate it into pieces so you can straighten it evenly on all sides.
- Set the iron to the proper temperature. For more information, consult the manual. Start straightening your hair from the root of your hair. Straighten your hair one part at a time. Repeat the procedure for each section.
- Take pleasure in staring in the mirror at your smooth and straight hair.
Most Common Hair Straightening Mistakes
- A mistake that women make when using a straightening iron is setting the temperature too high. You may believe that using high heat is the quickest method to get the job done, but it may really make your hair appear worse.
- If you use a cheap flat iron on high heat, you could severely damage your hair.
- When it comes to hair straighteners, the most common and most likely mistake is to get a low-cost device. You may believe that buying inexpensive will save you money, but this is not the case. You’ll most likely have to replace that cheap flat iron several times. You’ll have to spend more in the long run.
- The final common error that women make when using a flat iron is foregoing hair care treatments. If you intend to use your flat iron frequently, use hair protectants that prevent your hair from heat damage and drying out.
How to Keep Your Hair Straight?
- Adjust your hairdryer to cold air with the lowest airflow. Blow-dry your hair for another minute, being cautious not to damage the straightened hair. If you want, you can use a broad brush to direct your hair in a straight motion.
- Apply a setting spray to your hair. This keeps your hair straight throughout the day. Silicone-containing anti-frizz serum is very good in maintaining hair straight after flat pressing.
When your hair is in good condition, so are you. To begin, you should seek counsel from those who truly understand the subject. All you have to do is consider and practise the dos and don’ts of using a hair straightener, regardless of the style you’re attempting.
Q. Do you use a straightener on wet or dry hair?
The most effective approach to using a hair straightener is on dry hair. Dry hair, unlike wet hair, is not damaged by using a flat iron. However, this does not mean that there is no harm to dry hair. Regular use of a straightening iron can cause hair damage.
Q. What should I use after straightening my hair?
After straightening your hair, apply a small amount of hair serum or softer to mitigate the effects of the heat generated by the straighteners.
Q. Why doesn’t my hair stay straight after I straighten it?
The most common cause for your hair not staying straight after straightening it are that your flat iron was not enough.