Different Ways To Clean a New Home Before Moving in
Moving into a new house is an exciting and stressful process at the same time. Once you are ready for the transit, there is one more task that needs to be completed and that is deep cleaning of your new home. Every home – big, small, flat or apartment should be cleaned before moving in, even if the previous tenants or owners cleaned the house before their move.
Most of the new homeowners wish to deep clean their new house because there are chances that former owners or tenants might have left some spots uncleaned, so it is a very good practice to clean your new home before you move in. It is advisable to clean your home before movers and packers arrive at your door, because giving a deep clean to a house is easy when it is vacant from items, but once your new home is filled with your belongings then it is a tough task as you might miss some of the spots.
Here are Few Tips That Will Help You in Deep Cleaning of Your New Home –
- Start Cleaning from Top – If you think that only your floor needs cleaning, then you are wrong as dust and germs are more prone to ceilings, fans and lighting holders. So you should start your cleaning from the top level which is prone to dust. Once you’ll start cleaning the top level i.e vents, fans etc then there are chances that dust will fall down on the floor, so to avoid this you can use mats or cardboxes which will prevent the floor from the dust.
- Clean Windows and Mirrors – Once you are done with cleaning the top level, you should start with cleaning mirrors and windows. To clean the glass you should use a window cleaner or you can make a mixture of chlorine bleach and water. To clean the molds use that mixture and clean the mold with a toothbrush or sponge. If your window has coverings like roller shades then first you have to vacuum them to remove the dust and then you can clean it with a sponge and mixture of detergent and water.
- Clean Closets and Almirahs – Everyone wants to clean the cabinets before keeping any items inside it, so your closets and almirahs should be clean from dust and germs. Wipe from inside and outside of the cabinet and sanitize the almirahs to remove the germs. Once your almirah is cleaned from inside then start cleaning from outside. Don’t forget to clean the knobs, handles and pulls. After the almirah is cleaned then you can use some papers or cloths to cover the base before keeping any of your belongings into the cabinet.
- Clean the Sink Area – The sink area is that area which is more prone to bacteria and germs because of food particles, so your sink should be very clean. To clean that area you can use a sponge and rub it by mixing liquid detergent with water, you can also use a toothbrush dipped in bleach or white vinegar. After cleaning the sink area you should also disinfect the sponge that you used for cleaning it, the best way to clean the sponge is to use hot water or you can also use a microwave or dishwasher. If your sponge has got mold or developed bacterias then you can clean it with the toothbrush to remove the mold.
- Clean Refrigerator – If you are moving into an apartment which already has a refrigerator then you should clean it properly before keeping any edible item inside it. First you need to sanitize your fridge as it would be empty so you can sanitize it easily. After sanitizing you need to remove the drawers and shelves and clean them one by one with hot water. To clean the inside of the refrigerator make a solution of hot water and soap, and scrub the inside with a sponge or any clean cloth. Once you are done with the cleaning let the fridge and drawers dry before putting it inside. You need to follow the same process while cleaning the freezer part.
- Clean the Bathroom – Bathrooms are those areas where you can find a lot of bacterias and germs. Everyone wants to use a clean and disinfected bathroom, so you should focus more on cleaning the bathroom area. To clean it, first sanitize the bathroom with sanitizer or antibacterial spray to remove any kind of germs or bacteria. If you have purchased the house then try to replace the old toilet seats, but if you are a tenant then clean the toilet seats properly with toilet cleaners and soap solution. You need to keep in mind that there are areas which you might skip while cleaning the bathroom so you should pay extra attention while cleaning it. In addition, you also need to sanitize or disinfect the toilet paper holder, door handles, switches and jet sprays. It is advisable not to use hard water on metal hardwares as it might leave a stain which will be hard to remove. You can use lemon juice as it’ll be acidic in nature and will make the metal hardwares clean.
- Clean Rest of the Places – Once you are done cleaning above mentioned places, then you can go ahead with other areas or rooms. It is suggested to clean each and every possible item instead of going room by room. You can start with the doors and don’t forget to clean the top part of it, post that clean the windows and shelves present in the room. You can use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from doors, windows and balcony areas. You should also clean the railing of the balcony and stairs.
- End with the Floor – To clean the floor you should use a vacuum cleaner which will remove the dust from the floor, after this mop the floor to ensure that the floor is clean and disinfected. If your floor has strained or grimy grout, then make a solution of water and bleach and use a toothbrush to remove those grouts by scrubbing them.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps then your house is clean and disinfected and ready to move.