How To Pack Your Jewelry While Traveling or Shifting
Carrying jewelry from one place to another is always risky. Packing jewelry calls for a safe and sound packaging. It’s always suggested that you pack all the items prior to the day of traveling.
Whenever you are traveling or moving, big objects do occupy a lot of places, but there are small things which can easily get lost. This goes very true for the jewelry. Sometimes, it really becomes stressful. Packing jewelry can be a tough task, especially during shifting or traveling from one place to another. You should ensure that the precious items are not damaged and remain secured while you are moving from one place to another.
Find Packers and Movers in –
Delhi | Gurgaon | Noida | Bangalore | Mumbai | Faridabad | Hyderabad | Kolkata | Bhubaneswar
There are different ways in which one can ensure that the jewelry is not damaged. Packers and movers also help in packaging the jewelry safely. Here is an exhaustive guide to help you pack your jewelry before you step out.
- Sort and Declutter Your Jewelry – Before you start packing, take some time to go through your jewelry collection and sort it into categories such as everyday wear, special occasions, and sentimental pieces. This will make it easier to pack and also help you decide what to keep and what to donate or sell. Consider getting rid of any broken or damaged items that you no longer wear, as well as duplicate pieces that you don’t need. You can also make a list of all the items that you are carrying, which would help you to track all your jewelleries. Post reaching the location, one can check with the list.
- Protect Your Jewelry – To prevent your jewelry from getting scratched, tangled, or damaged during the move, it’s important to wrap each piece individually. You can use small jewelry boxes, bubble wrap, tissue paper, or even Ziploc bags to protect your items. For delicate or fragile pieces, consider using foam sheets or packing peanuts to provide extra cushioning.
In case, you fail to get any boxes or bubble wraps, you can easily wrap all the jewelleries in the cotton and carry them. These cotton wraps will help to lock the moisture, thus not spoiling the jewelry.
- Pack Small Items in a Jewelry Roll – A jewelry roll is a compact and organized way to pack small items such as earrings, rings, and necklaces. Simply place your jewelry in the designated pockets or loops and roll it up to keep everything in place. You can then place the jewelry roll in a small box or bag for added protection.
- Use a Jewelry Case for Larger Items – If you have larger pieces such as bracelets, bangles, or watches, a jewelry case or box is a good option. Make sure to pad the case with tissue paper or bubble wrap to prevent your items from shifting during the move. For added security, you can also use foam sheets or packing peanuts to fill any empty space.
Boxes are the best option for large jewelry as the boxes would ensure that the jewelleries are properly kept.
- Label Your Boxes – It’s important to label your boxes or cases with the contents so you know what’s inside and where to find it when you unpack. You can also take a photo of the contents for reference. Consider using a permanent marker or a label maker to write the contents on the outside of the box or case.
Labeling the jewelry helps it to be easily noticeable since the boxes are properly labeled. It helps you in avoiding the later mess.
- Keep Your Jewelry with You – If you have valuable or sentimental jewelry, it’s best to keep it with you during the move rather than packing it in a box. This will give you peace of mind and ensure that your items are safe and secure. You can pack your jewelry in a small bag or case and keep it in your carry-on luggage or personal bag during the move.
- Consider Getting Insurance – There are certain jewelleries that can be covered under insurance. It’s a good idea to consider getting insurance to protect your items in case of loss or damage during the move. This can help you ensure that some amount of the jewelry is getting covered. It also provides financial protection in the event that something happens to your jewelry during the move.
Always Keep the Jewelry Before You Start on the Moving Day
Jewelries are very precious. One can also have sentiments attached to the jewelry or have a collection of their favorite jewelry. You cannot handle the loss if it gets lost in the transportation. So, it’s best that you keep the jewelry boxes with you always. Pack all your items well and match them with the jewelry list you have.
Do not make a mistake by placing all the jewelry in the moving truck. This might lead to unwanted issues.
Even the professional packers and movers do not agree to transport the items such as documents or jewelry from one place to another. There are high chances that they will not transport items which have much emotional value. They can carry it in packers and movers post they have covered it by insurance.
After the Move, How to Unpack the Jewelry Without Any Damage
So once the items safely reach the location, it’s mandatory that you unpack the items safely too. You made your best efforts to ensure that no damage is caused while traveling. Check if your jewelries are proper and in the best possible way.
For the jewelries which have tangled, take a couple of pins and untangle them. You have to be very patient while untangling the jewelry. In case it does not untangle, try sorting them forcibly and if not take it to a jewelry shop nearby.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your jewelry is properly packed and protected during your move. With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can keep your jewelry safe and sound throughout the moving process.
- Hassle free International Shifting
- The Most Commonly Broken Items During a Move
- Vastu Shastra Tips For Office
- Packers and Movers Cost Calculator
- Shifting Your Bike – Things You Should Know
- Some Tips, If You Are Planning To Shift Your Own
- Domestic Relocation Services
- Office Relocation Suggestions
- Tips To Consider Before Packing And Moving To Intercity
- Move Your Gym Equipment’s in An Easy Way
- Easy Checklist To Help In Shifting While Moving Into A New House
- Use Your Cardboard Boxes After Moving Day
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.